Medigap Plan N
What it covers
Medigap Plan N covers costs in the same categories as Plans D and M. While all three of these cover costs in the same categories, they have slight variations as to their approach to coverage.
Medigap Plan N covers:
- Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
- First three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
What makes Plan N unique is the way in which it handles the Part B coinsurance and copay. It covers 100% of the Medicare Part B coinsurance costs, but not 100% of the copay. For outpatient visits, copay may be up to $20. For inpatient visits, the maximum copay is $50.
And just like many other Medigap Plans, Medigap Plan N covers 80% of emergency costs from treatment in a foreign country.
What it doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan N does not cover Medicare Part B deductibles or excess charges.
For further information about Medicare Supplement Plan N, call me today at (407) 924-8109.