Medigap Plan D
What it covers
Medigap Plan D provides thorough coverage for the majority of all leftover cost categories. It bears a strong similarity to Plan C, but unlike Plan C, it does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible.
This is the list of out-of-pocket costs Plan D covers:
- Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
- First three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
Medigap Plan D also covers 80% of leftover costs from receiving emergency treatment during foreign travel.
What it doesn’t cover
Medigap Plan D exemplifies the shift to an era where those newly eligible for Medicare cannot get a Medigap policy that covers the Medicare Part B deductible. Aside from the lack of Part B deductible coverage, Medigap Plan D is identical to Medigap Plan C.
For further information about Medicare Supplement Plan D, call me today at (407) 924-8109.