High Deductible Plan F
What it covers
High Deductible Plan F covers the exact same expenses that the standard Medigap Plan F covers. But it isn’t an immediate coverage – for this plan, you get your Plan F coverage after paying $2,370 out-of-pocket. This may seem like a disadvantage on the surface, but this version of Plan F offers a lower monthly premium.
After you pay this amount, High Deductible Plan F fully covers:
- Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
- First three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
Plan F also covers 80% of the costs from emergency treatments in foreign countries.
We Have you covered.
What it doesn’t cover
There’s nothing that Plan F doesn’t cover. But if you first became eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020, this Medigap Plan is not available to you. Hence for the newly eligible, Plan F does not cover anything.
If you were first eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020, then High Deductible Plan G is the choice closest to High Deductible Plan F.
For further information about High Deductible Medicare Supplement Plans, call me today at (407) 924-8109.