What makes Medicare Advantage an Advantage
Medicare Advantage gives you:
- Inpatient, outpatient, AND prescription drug coverage all in one place
- Coverage that Original Medicare doesn’t. Original Medicare is notorious for not covering dental, eye, or hearing care. Medicare Advantage does
- Coverage for every service that Original Medicare offers
Medicare Advantage’s network is not as widespread as Original Medicare, meaning that your treatment options are limited to your plan’s network area. Original Medicare doesn’t have this issue, as you can get treatment in any healthcare facility in the U.S. that accepts Medicare.
Out-of-network coverage is either more costly, or not even an option to begin with. This all depends on the specific policy you choose.
You can’t have supplemental insurance with Medicare Advantage, either. You are to decide between one or the other.
The other downside is dependent upon the specific Medicare Advantage plan you choose. Some will make you choose a primary care physician, and will require referrals from that physician before you can see a specialist. Other Medicare Advantage Plans, such as Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans, do not have this downside, which is why each individual Medicare Advantage Plan’s features should be evaluated separately.
The types of Medicare Advantage Plans
These are the types of Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Health Maintenance Point-of-Service (HMOPOS)
- Paid Fee-for-Service (PFFS)
- Medicare Savings Account (MSA)
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
We Have you covered.
For further information...
I can assist you in finding a Medicare Advantage Plan that will give you everything you need at the lowest possible cost.
Call me today at (407) 924-8109 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org